Saturday, March 13, 2010

Texas Roadhouse is Special to Me.

April 28, 2009
8:45 pm
Me, Rach, and Katie Jean sitting in a booth at Texas Roadhouse.
The 2 of them were so giddy as I just sat there.


Just.Sat.


I could barely do anything.

I could barely eat.

Nothing.


They were all smiles and laughs and excitement.
You wanna know why we were this way???


At that EXACT moment, Nik was in an airplane over the ocean heading back home to the U.S.A from Japan.


This was the moment I had waited over 3.5 years for.
I was so excited but didn't know how to act or think.
It was an out-of-body experience....like I was standing off to the side watching myself go through this.
For the next 12 hours....I was so out of it.
I slept just fine...WHEN I finally went to sleep.
Rach and Katie Jean kept me company while I made my Welcome Home banner to hold at the airport...and then they went home around 12:30 in the morning. 
It was so weird to think that Nik was coming home.
I finally went to sleep and slept just fine.
Around 6am I started having difficulty sleeping cuz I knew Nik was going to call me from the airport and I didn't want to miss his call.
He finally called and I sat there in my jammies on the couch for quite some time talking to him.
It all felt like a dream. Felt like another out-of-body experience. 
I didn't know if what I was seeing was even real. It felt like it shouldn't have been.
After our conversation on the phone, I got ready for the day.
I was suppose to be at his parent's house by 4:30 so we could get to the airport before his plane landed at 5:20.
We pulled into the parking garage at 5:23. Amy (his sis) and I RAN through the airport to get to his terminal before he showed up.
With all Nik's friends and family and my family standing around, he finally appeared and it was wonderful.
 Look at that Handsome MAN!

He gave everyone hugs and then he gave me a huge huge, lifting me off the ground and squeezing me so tight!
I was on cloud 9.

Showing off pictures.


I couldn't believe this was real...like, was he REALLY home?? Home to stay?? 


IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!


The rest of the night was great....but that will be for another post.


I didn't mean to give you this huge long story..I really just wanted to relive the Texas Roadhouse experience.
That night was so good...to have my girlfriends with me at my favorite restaurant on a wonderful night.

I hadnt been to that restaurant again until last weekend.
Terri and her friend, Justin, went with us and it was so fun!
It was so cool to have those strong memories that meant so much to me and share them with Nik as we drove to the restaurant. I was able to explain exactly how I felt in that last 24 hours of "single-ness".
Gosh...I love Nikolas James SOOOO much!
I am so lucky to have these wonderful memories and to me ABLE to remember them so clearly.

 Terri and Justin

The Berry's!

Some nice guy took this picture for us.

Yay for Texas Roadhouse! We had so much fun with Terri and Justin and Nik LOVED the food....we went there last night with another couple. That place ROCKS!


2 comments:

Annie said...

Haha, I would LOVE for you do to a post about the rest of the night :)

Terri Ann said...

I LOVE Texas Roadhouse, and I love you and Nik. And, btw... Nik is my BOYfriend :)

I vote we go there again sometime soon!

And, I'm glad that this post includes me :)