Saturday, January 2, 2010

Wonderful Families

This past holiday season...or rather the last 6 months has really filled my heart with gratitude. I am thankful for many things...but to list a few:

The family I was born into.
They helped make me the woman I am today.
I am sealed to them forever and ever and I couldn't be happier.
My dad has always been a strong father to lean on and he has my best interest in mind at all times.
My mom is my best friend. She is someone who will just listen to me and not give advice to "help" because at times I don't want it...I just want ears to talk to.
Caren is my little sister who has been there for me through everything. We have a lot of common intersts...i.e. a nice truck with a beautiful sound system. ;)
Baylee makes me smarter everytime I see her. She always has some piece of random trivia to share with everyone. She is so smart!
Hannah keeps me on my toes. She is always making me laugh and says the most random clever things.
I love them all.

The family I married into.
They stood by me the whole 2 years Nik was gone.
They accept me for who I am.
I can feel their love for me.
Brian has made me feel like family as his second daughter since Nik and I started dating.
Randee is so fun to talk to. She is a great mother to Nik and everyone that comes into her home. I love not having to fear my Mother-in-Law. :) She is great!
Jake is such a big brother figure. He has always been so kind to me.
Amy is another sister that I love. She is so fun to talk to and I am so happy to have another sister so close to my age.
Sam is a crazy fun little boy that keeps everyone moving. I have never had a brother so it has been fun to watch him grow up these last 4+ years.

The family Nik and I created.
It has been so fun to live with and be married to my best friend.
We have had so many laughs together as we try to get this married thing down.
Nik is a wonderful husband (as cliche as that sounds). He makes me laugh so hard and he watches out for me. He holds me when I'm sick. He drives me around in the snow. He opens the doors for me. He is amazing and treats me the way that every girl dreams.

I was talking to Nik about this on our long drives this last week...and I find it amazing how our families are so awesome! Nik has always felt like a part of my family and every member of my family shows it. I was telling him how blessed I am to marry into a family that takes me under their wings like their own. I haven't had to worry about any In-Law problems. I love them so much. I know that Nik and I were meant to be together and because of our choices to get married and sealed in the Temple we have been blessed in so many ways.

I love my life!

2 comments:

StacieJayne said...

Ok, THIS is where I cry! You give me way too much credit, DawnaBug! But you're right about one thing: I DO love listening to you!

And you know this: I've ALWAYS felt that Nik belonged to our family!!!

I'm grateful that the Berries love you just as much as we love Nik!! They're ALL wonderful people! Isn't this FUN?!?!?!? :D

And I LOVE how you two love each OTHER!! You WERE meant to be together, and you did it the right way!! What a blessing!! I couldn't be more proud of you two!! I love you both so DEARLY!!!!!!!

K.C. Delmoe said...

I really love reading your blog Dawnabug. You inspire me in so many ways.
Love,

Uncle Kevin