Friday, January 29, 2010

The Opening and Closing of Doors

“No pain that we suffer, no trial that we experience is wasted. It ministers to our education, to the development of such qualities as patience, faith, fortitude, and humility. All that we suffer and all that we endure, especially when we endure it patiently, builds up our characters, purifies our hearts, expands our souls, and makes us more tender and charitable, more worthy to be called the children of God … and it is through sorrow and suffering, toil and tribulation, that we gain the education that we come here to acquire and which will make us more like our Father and Mother in heaven”
– Orson F. Whitney
From the Article:

This quote has meant so much to me while growing up...and even more so now.
Hearts have been broken.
Scabs have been torn.
Pain has increased.
And plans are always changing.
But enduring to the end and having patience has always been a struggle for me.
It is one of those virtues I have to learn and be tested for in order to have it.
Someday I will get it.
Maybe at that time
Hearts will heal.
Scabs will disappear.
Pain decrease.
And peace be found in change.
Maybe.
I Hope.
For now I have to do the best I can.
God would not have given me trials I could not face.
Trust.
Faith.
Hope.

Sincerely from the heart,
Dawna G Berry

P.S. Thank you to my husband, Nik, for standing by me through everything, helping me, and loving me unconditionally.
I love you!




3 comments:

Annie said...

This is why I love Dawna Berry.

Leslie said...

Awesome Dawna. You are too wonderful!!!

StacieJayne said...

Wow, Dawna!! You are SO inspirational! Sweetheart, it is ENDURING and HOLDING ON through the PAIN that refines and smoothes the rough edges that we ALL have!! You are such a beautiful daughter and a credit to our family!!! Hopefully, your sisters are watching your faithful example!! I want them to be like YOU!! :D I love you, my darling daughter and my friend!!!!

Love, MBug

P.S. THANK YOU, Nik!! You're the PERFECT husband and an AWESOME addition to our family!!! Love YOU, too!!!