Friday, February 12, 2010

Fondue, We Love You!

Nik is great at surprising me and I am trying my hardest to not get impatient with the surprise (if you know my "Disneyland" experience, you know what I am talking about). 

One Saturday Night in early January (yes, I AM just barely getting around to posting this) Nik wanted to take to on a Surprise Date. It was so fun! I had no idea where we were going except for the fact we were going north to Salt Lake.

We found a parking space and started walking around downtown. I still had no idea where we were going. I loved this whole idea of him surprising me! He takes everything to the max!

All of a sudden he opens the door to the restaurant...The Melting Pot.
I could not believe it! I was so excited!!!

Here was our appetizer. A yummy Spinach/Artichoke Cheese Dip with breads and veggies and apples.
I didn't think apples with the cheese would be good, but it turned out to be my favorite.

 
Our quaint little booth. So cozy and romantic.


Our main course - Lobster Tail, Brats, Ravioli, Chicken, Sirloin, Beef, Red Potatoes, and more veggies.
It was amazing!
And so much fun to cook with our little sticks.



Enjoying some Lobster Tail.


A nice man in the booth next to us took our picture for us. So sweet of him to offer.
I love this man I am sitting next to!



Onto DESSERT!
This was amazing!
My favorites were the strawberries and bananas.
Nik's favorites were the marshmallows and cheesecake.



Delicious!


If you can't tell from the look on his face...that bite was Heaven.
Nik, that was such a nice and fun surprise! I can't wait to go back.
Sidenote: At work this last week I won a contest and my prize was a $50 Gift Certificate.
I got to choose the restaraunt and since this place was amazing when we went, I had to get the certificate to The Melting Pot!
Now Nik and I can go again on someone else's dime.
YAY!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I like you hair cut. Is it colored darker too?

Nik and Dawna said...

Funny you complimented my hair cut...because I got it cut that morning. lol. But thank you!
And nope...this is my natural color. I have grown out and chopped off all color. woot woot!

Jana said...

The dessert is my favorite, I could just get that when I go and skip the dinner part. Cute pictures you look really good.

Christian and Kara said...

i just love you and think you and your hubby are the cutest things ever. just to let you know!!